Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Investment Strategies: Wholesaling

I received an email from a newsletter that I subscribe to that talks about many different strategies that people can use to invest and work on getting out of the "rat race".  I strongly believe that it's not the strategy that decides whether people succeed or fail at investing.  It's when someone doesn't strictly follow the playbook.

The first article in the newsletter talks about a real estate strategy called wholesaling.  I won't go into all the details here, but I will post a link to the article.  In layman's terms, wholesaling is a straightforward strategy where instead of buying the property yourself, you are buying and selling contracts to other real estate investors.  You act as the middle man for the transaction.  It sounds simple, but like many other investment strategies, it's simple to learn, and takes time and effort to master.  I did a quick online search and found different courses teaching wholesaling strategies that range from less than $100 - over $5K.  I would recommend finding someone that currently invests in wholesaling and learning as much from them and asking them to recommend an education program as well.  For those interested in reading the full article about wholesaling, click here.      

Hopefully this will serve someone that reads this blog as their ticket out of the rat race.  Maybe it will even be my own.

Thanks for reading!
Jacob