Sunday, September 11, 2011

First Steps

Tonight, I took my first real step towards escaping the Rat Race.  I did market research and technical analysis over the past couple of nights with the stock market and placed 2 orders tonight that should get filled Monday morning when the market opens.  Even with all the education, knowledge, and skill that I know I've put into my decisions (and I could easily have done more than 2, I'm just starting small for now), it's still pretty nerve racking taking that first step.  I was talking with someone yesterday who told me that the stock market is gambling.  If so, it's designed that the people with financial education basically flip the odds and are playing as the house rather than the gambler, and I hope to someday feel that confident in my own skills.  Only through winning, losing, and learning as I go will I continue to develop.  One of my coaches in my financial education explained to me that it's the learning from the successes (and even more importantly, from the failures) that separates the rich from the poor.