Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finding A Job Versus Finding Cashflow Opportunities

So I have been looking for a new job for almost 3 months now.  In that time, I have viewed hundreds of job postings, submitted a few hundred applications, received a few dozen responses, and had over a dozen interviews.  This has taken hundreds of hours of work to complete.  Once I have a job and know that my family and I can be taken care of for a while, I feel if I take this same hunger and approach and apply it to finding opportunities to increase my passive cashflow, then that will take me even closer to retiring quicker.  Something that has stuck out to me is how methodical finding a job really is.  Even when you utilize your network and reach out to them, it still takes time and effort.  If I am willing to put this much time and effort into finding a job that I do not plan on doing all my life, then how much time and effort should I be putting into finding good strong cashflow opportunities that could potentially set my entire family up for generations of wealth and success?